Thursday, May 1, 2008

He may not look sick...


Poor guy...now he has a stomach virus. He threw up once on Monday. He threw up again yesterday. Both times I managed to turn him around so he threw up on the floor and not me. I didn't get so lucky tonight.
We both fell asleep in the glider waiting for Daddy to get home. Peter woke up coughing/gagging, so I turned him around. He didn't throw up, so I turned him back around. Bad choice -- he threw up on my shoulder and in my hair before I was able to turn him around again.
Through all of this, I have learned something. My kid throwing up will not cause me to throw up! I have always had a problem with gagging when others get sick. The rule in my classroom has always been - "If you are going to be sick, you may leave. Please don't ask permission - just leave!" Just hearing people get sick makes me feel sick. Today I conquered that fear. :) Peter got sick all over me and I didn't get sick with him.
Now if we can just get him completely well!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Poor baby and poor mama.

Isn't it funny how the rules for the rest of the world just don't apply to your own child?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember the story of a 2 yr old Kevin throwing up straight into my eyes and mouth as I ran in his room one night to help him. Ug!

Missa sent me some sweet pic's of her and Peter. He is growing so fast and I miss our times together too. Happy Fist Momma's Day