Saturday, September 12, 2009

Demotion

We've had some major sleeping problems in the Hazen house lately, so I was up this morning at 3am with Peter. After trying to get him back to sleep for A LONG TIME with no success, I brought him downstairs to play before trying the sleep thing again. We played for a while, and then I needed to go to the bathroom. This happens quite often these days because I'm at that point in the pregnancy, so Peter usually just hangs out in the bathroom and blows his nose while waiting so he can flush the toilet. He gets some toilet paper for his nose first, then he tells me to get some. It's pretty funny.

So we had to use a new roll of toilet paper this morning, which means I had to get it started for him to pull some off. This made him VERY angry because I touched the toilet paper first. Usually he would just get over it, but a lack of sleep makes him quite grumpy.

He has a routine where he will usually hug me when he's hurt or upset that someone else told him no or did something he wasn't happy with. He just runs up to me, leans is head against my leg for a second, and then goes on his merry way.

Early this morning, though, I was the one doing something he wasn't happy with. So what did he do? He ran to Homer! He left the bathroom to go let Homer out of his crate. Being as it was the middle of the night, I didn't bother letting Homer out when we came downstairs. Well, Peter let him out and chased him around the living room until Homer stood still long enough to let Peter hug him. Then Peter was "all better" and ready to go back upstairs to try to go to sleep tonight. Too funny!

SeaWorld was a blast last weekend - pictures coming soon!!

2 comments:

Mya and River said...

Oh my. ;) Peter, boy, what are you doing to your momma?!

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.