Monday, November 2, 2009

Like Wiggles

Mommy: Peter, would you like to watch a DVD while I cut the potatoes for dinner? You can watch Sid, Elmo, Wiggles, or music.

Peter: Peter eat potatoes.

Mommy: They are raw right now. You may eat them after they are cooked.

Peter: Peter eat raw potatoes. I like them.

Mommy: I will get you a piece of potato after I cut it. I would like you to watch a DVD so Mommy can cut the potatoes. Would you like to watch music?

Peter: No.

Mommy: Would you like to watch Elmo?

Peter: No.

Mommy: Would you like to watch Sid?

Peter: No.

Mommy: Would you like to watch Wiggles?

Peter: Yeah. Peter watch wiggles. Banana - Peter eat banana.

Mommy: It's almost dinner time. Are you sure you want to eat a banana?

Peter: Peter eat banana. Like Wiggles.



So that's how come my son ended up eating a banana on the coffee table while I peeled and cut the potatoes for dinner. There is very small part of our Wiggles DVD where one of the characters and a bunny eat bananas. Out of the entire 1 hour DVD (of which Peter watches about 5 minutes at a time, if that much), Peter remembers this one part. Anytime I mention The Wiggles, Peter mentions bananas. I'm glad the Wiggles eat healthy snacks. :)
***Oh, and just in case you are wondering, Peter watches very little TV. He is usually much more content with his toys than sitting still to watch a video. When he does watch something, like he did while I made dinner, he watches a few minutes, plays for a while, watches again, and plays some more. No worries about my son being addicted to TV, at least for now!

No comments: