Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quick Update

Peter was starting to feel better. We kept him home from church last Sunday because he still had the runny nose and cough, but he was definitely on the mend. He has even been sleeping in his own bed again!

Then comes Round 2...

He threw up 4 times in 3 hours last night. I never could handle people throwing up very well, but I think 4 stomach viruses in 16 months has strengthened my stomach. He couldn't keep anything down. Around 9:40pm, he drank some juice. When that stayed down for 20 minutes, I was hopeful that he might sleep. I finally got him to sleep around 10:30pm, and I held him until 2:45am. He woke up several times gagging, but then he would go back to sleep in my arms. At 2:45am, I put him in his crib. He was still sleeping at 7am when I left for work. Andrew is with him this morning, and then I'll have him this afternoon.

There is a nasty stomach bug going around, so I'm sure this is what he has. I just hope it passes quickly without hitting the rest of us! Please pray for healing and strong immune systems!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just can't believe he is sick again! I know they say toddlers are sick all the time, but I didn't think they meant ALL THE TIME! I hope he gets to feeling better soon and stays better for at least a little bit longer this next time.

Mya and River said...

Awe, poor baby! Have you tried baby echinacea? We have been giving it to Mya and she hasn't been sick since. :) Hope he gets to feeling better soon!!