Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Pi Day (AKA Only a Math Nerd...)!!!

Pi is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi = 3.1415926535... Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14th. Peter and I spent the day finding circles!

We ate circular pancakes and circular sausage for breakfast...


Some friends came over, and we had circular pizza and circular cookies for lunch.


Peter and Sara crawled through the circular tunnel, and then they played in the circular pots and pans!


My mom came to visit for a few days, so she and Peter talked about how he had celebrated this very important day. We hope you can celebrate with us next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Summer Kinard said...

This is such a cool idea! I totally want to celebrate Pi Day with our little boy next year. Thanks for posting this.

(I am Rebecca's friend (Phoenix Berries), and I sometimes read your blog. It makes me happier to read about other happy moms).

Rebecca said...

I love it! Yes, you are a math nerd, but spending a whole day finding circular things to do with your toddler just makes you a fun mom. Sorry we weren't celebrating with you.