Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Mommy!!

We celebrated by having dinner at Cheddars - it was a nice dinner full of wonderful food. Peter has learned to say "cheese" when he sees a camera. He wanted down very badly, but I convinced him to stay on my lap while I counted to three. I told him he could get down once I counted to three, and he was content with that.

He also took a 3 hour nap today - that meant a 2 1/2 hour nap for me!!!

Two other birthday surprises --

1. Andrew bought me a gift certificate to Portrait Innovations, one of my favorite portrait studios. He originally was going to do a portrait of him and Peter, but he wasn't sure how to get Peter out of the house without me figuring out what was going on. The gift certificate was a wonderful surprise. Now we can do a family portrait along with photos of both of us separate with Peter and Peter alone. Coming from a husband who dreads any type of pictures, this was a WONDERFUL gift.

2. My dear friend Rebecca had a baby boy today - Welcome to the world!! You have a great birthday. :)

3 comments:

Mya and River said...

Awe, happy belated birthday!!!! And you know you could have gotten free pictures from me this month, hint hint, husband of yours. ;) Yeah, can't wait to see the baby! (BTW, the sprinkler park is right next to Champion Park on Brushy Creek.) :)

Jayme said...

Kara,
Happy Birthday girl! We should have celebrated on Monday night. I wish I would have known.
~Jayme

Rebecca said...

I love that Andrew got you pictures for your birthday.

I also love that my sweet boy shares your happy day.