Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tropical Storm Hermine

You may not know this about me, but I absolutely love following the weather. Meeting our local weatherman would be the equivalent of meeting a movie star in my book. When we had cable, I would watch the weather channel for hours on end. Peter knows that we turn on the news to watch the weather. I diligently followed the track of Hurricane Earl as it headed toward the east coast. Fiona was next, and next came Tropical Storm Gaston. Another tropical wave was close behind but still closer to Africa than the US.


Um, so where in the world did Tropical Storm Hermine come from? I didn't even get to follow its formation. It wasn't there one day, and it was bearing down on the Texas/Mexico border the next day. Then, here in Austin, in the middle of Texas, we are hit with a tropical storm. It has been raining for almost 24 hours. I have enjoyed all of the weather coverage of the storm. The weatherman keeps interrupting America's Got Talent to show the current radar and talk about flooding. Now this is interesting television!!


Apparently Peter doesn't get the same enjoyment from watching the weather as I do. He was getting antsy this afternoon, so I let him go out on the porch. He stood close to the front door for a little bit, but I could tell he was itching to get out into the rain. Since we had not seen any lightening, I told him that he could go out and play in the rain. He was sooooo excited!!! We don't have gutters on our house, so the rain falls pretty heavily off the roof right in front of the door. He kept running through it, laughing the entire time. He wanted me to run in the rain with him, but I was trying to distract an exhausted Danielle from remembering it was bedtime. I didn't want to make matters worse by getting her all cold and wet. Peter played until Daddy got home from work. Then it took major convincing to get him inside for dinner. He had a blast!



To Tropical Storm Hermine -
Thanks for the excitement with the weather coverage, and thanks for giving my son an enjoyable afternoon. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I see you as a home school mom with a hurricane tracker map on the wall upstairs. :)

Mya and River said...

Hi pregnant buddy! :)You are such a fun momma!! I bet Mya would like to come and stay with you for a while. ;)

evi said...

aaaaaaahw so cute!