Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

As I hold my precious little boy this holiday season, I am so thankful for the gift that God has given our family. As some of you know, 2 years ago, during this season, I was going through blood work and testing for a miscarriage. This year, during the same season, I am holding a sweet and wonderful little boy. God has blessed our family immensely through him, and we are so thankful for that.
I feel like I can relate to Mary as she held her own precious son Jesus on Christmas morning. I know exactly how she felt as she looked at him for the first time. However, I cannot even begin to fathom how she felt knowing that 33 years later, her precious little boy would be crucified on a cross for the sins of the world.
As you celebrate this season with friends and loved ones, I pray that God reveals himself to you in a brand new way. I pray that the materialism of the season is put aside as you worship a king who came to earth, was born as a baby, lived the same life as you and I, and then died so that we can live eternally with him.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

No comments: