Thursday, December 13, 2007

Packing Clothes...

I have been packing clothes for as long as I can remember. My parents are divorced, so I packed a bag every other weekend as a child to visit my dad. After the visit, I would return home and unpack. I started attending summer camps when I was 8 years old. I would pack a suitcase for the week, have a great time at camp, and then unpack when I returned home. The Christmas after high school graduation, I traveled out of the country for the first time to Malaysia with a group from my church. That trip sparked a love for overseas missions, and I have had the privilege of traveling to Malaysia, Thailand, Costa Rica, Mexico, Taiwan, and Romania. Each time I would pack a suitcase (ok, those of you who know how I pack know that I packed several suitcases!), visit for a couple of weeks or so, and then return home. After returning home, I would always unpack.

I packed again this week. The difference this time is that I won't be unpacking for a very long time. Peter has finally outgrown all of his newborn clothes and many of his 0-3 month clothes. I packed them all in a box to store under the bed. It makes me a little sad to think that Peter will never again wear these clothes. He is growing bigger everyday! He has such a cute little personality - he makes eye contact and gives us the biggest grins, he holds conversations with his "oohs" and ahhs", and he is just such a little joy.

One day another little Hazen will enter the world...until then, the packed clothes will just stay packed.

No comments: