Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Being sick is no fun!

Being sick is no fun...

Being sick as a 6-month old is really no fun...

Being the parent of a sick 6-month old is really, really no fun...

Peter has been sick since Saturday. He hasn't slept a full night on his own since Friday night. That has made for very long nights for us. I discovered some very large houses in a nearby neighborhood over the weekend as I was driving around at 2:30am trying to get him to sleep. Andrew drove for several hours Saturday night and Sunday night so that Peter could continue sleeping in the car.

Peter had his first "sick" doctors appointment on Monday. I am all out of days at work due to maternity leave, so Andrew took him. It's just a bad cold at this point, but we're watching him to make sure it doesn't turn into something worse. Dr. Esparza did prescribe a decongestant to help with the congestion and coughing, and it's working so far. Last night I got 2 hours of sleep in my bed and another 2 hours in bed with Peter. I'm so glad Andrew made sure we left the double bed in Peter's room!

Andrew is upstairs singing to him and swaying him now, so I'm hoping that he sleeps at least part of the night alone in his own room. I'm off to bed as well. Here's hoping for the best... :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry to hear that Peter isn't feeling well, but somewhat relieved to know it's "just" a cold.

I bet those large houses go all out at Christmas time -- you should go back and check 'em out then.

Kara Hazen said...

Ooh, I bet you're right! We'll have to take Peter there next year during the holidays. I bet he will love looking at the lights.

I actually got 5 hours of sleep in my own bed last night before having to go in and sleep with Peter. Wahoo! :)