Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's a Small World After All...

Peter is getting ready for his first swimming lesson...


Peter has been taking swimming lessons this week, and he LOVES it! We go for 25 minutes each day for 2 weeks. We are really enjoying being in the water with other mommies and babies. Peter even went underwater for the first time today! There are 2 teenage girls that teach our class. They both graduated high school in May and are headed off to college. I knew one of them looked very familiar, and after the first class, we figured out why. She was in my 7th grade math class the first year that I taught! She told me that I was one of her favorite teachers that year. It was a rough year, so that was nice to know. I was also happy to know that she successfully completed high school and passed all of her math classes. It really is a small world after all...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How nice to have run into a former student!

I'm glad you and Peter are enjoying the swimming lessons.

Carol_E said...

Are your lessons at Lake Creek? Mom & Tot swim lessons at that pool started a life-long love affair with swimming for both of my kids. Now my son, Cody, is the pool manager. Small world, indeed!

Kara Hazen said...

The lessons are at Lake Creek. We are really enjoying them. Today we worked on underwater passing. He didn't mind being dunked again and again. I will have to look for Cody tomorrow when we go.