Monday, July 21, 2008

The Word of the Day is...

SIMPLIFY

Ok, so actually I think the "Word of the Year" is simplify. This is exactly what I need and want to do...simplify.

I was cleaning out my pantry this afternoon while Peter napped. I found three containers of onion powder. Three containers! What in the world do I need three containers of onion powder for? No, it wasn't on sale. No, I don't have a HUGE party coming up that I will need to prepare tons of food for. I think what probably happened was that I couldn't find one container, so I bought another. Then I couldn't find either of those, so I bought a third.

This is the reason I need to simplify. My entire house is like that. I cannot find something, so I end up buying something else. If my house was more organized (which simplifying will help to do), then I would be able to find things instead of buying another.

So this is my goal. It has taken me almost 7 months to decide this, but I have decided. My goal for the rest of 2008 is to simplify...simplify my home, my belongings, my schedule, my routines...simplify.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Maybe it's just that I don't cook, but I don't know why you would even need ONE thing of onion powder. :)

Mommy said...

I wish you were here in Japan with us Kara! The Japanese people are the most amazing organizers I have ever seen. At the Y100 (100 Yen + $1.04 today) you can get every type box, basket or shelf you can think of! I'll have to get some pictures of my closet to show you the neat things we have found. We sure miss you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas (and to meet Peter finaly!)