Sunday, August 2, 2009

New York City!

Our last bit of fun before heading back to Texas was a trip into New York City. We took Peter last year, but he was really able to enjoy it this summer.

We took the ferry over, and then we took a bus to Times Square. Peter loved riding on the bus! One of his favorite songs these days is "The Wheels on the Bus", so he was very interested in everything on the bus. He probably would have tried to drive it if we let him!


Once we arrived in Times Square, we walked down to Central Park. Peter must have been tired, because he fell asleep right before we reached the park. He took a little nap in his stroller near the playground. When he woke up, he was ready to play. With a NYC pretzel in hand, he explored the park - swinging, the sand, and of course, the water!
After the park, we had pizza for lunch. I will definitely miss the pizza from up here. It's so much better than anything I can get in Austin! Peter's favorite pizza these days is sausage. Sausage pizza just hasn't sounded good since I got pregnant, so I opted for pepperoni and bacon - YUM! (I have no idea why that text is underlined, and I have no idea how to correct it!)

After lunch, we headed to FAO Schwarz to look at all the toys. They have toy brands that I have never heard of. Peter had a great time looking and playing with everything. He even found a giant garbage truck!







Finally, it was time to head home. We caught the bus to the ferry, and rode home on the upper level. I was exhausted after all the walking, but it was a fun way to end our trip to the Northeast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pictures. Also enjoyed seeing you yesterday at the party. Peter's such a cutie!

Rebecca said...

Is it funny that my first thought with the sprinkler picture, "Hey look, Peter is playing with NEW YORK kids!"