Thursday, June 17, 2010

He Saved the Day!

One of the most difficult parts of having two kids is getting them down for naps. Both still require me to be in their room for a little while, so that means the other one has to be appropriately occupied for me to get the first one down. Our house is really conducive to this working, though, because Peter's playroom is upstairs. Once the gate at the top of the stairs is closed, the only rooms he has access to are the playroom and bedrooms. I guess he also has access to the bathrooms, but he doesn't seem to really care about them. He pretty much sticks with the playroom and his bedroom, so I usually don't have to worry about what he's getting himself into.

One of Peter's favorite toys these days is his train table. He recently started pulling part of the paper off the top of the table, so I used glue to fix it this morning. Well, I totally forgot to put away the glue before taking Danielle into her room to get her down for a nap.

Uh, maybe that wasn't the best choice...

After getting Danielle to sleep, I came out into the playroom...

Peter: Mommy! I fixed it myself!

Mommy: Um, Peter, what did you fix?

Peter: I fixed the paper!!

Mommy: Can you show Mommy where you fixed it?

With the bottle of glue in his hand, he shows me another very small spot where the paper had started coming off. He had put glue on it and pushed it back down. Then he put a heavy block on it (just like I had done) to help it lay flat until it was dry. His last comment?

Peter: See Mommy? I saved the day!!

Mommy: You sure did! :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How sweet is that! I can't believe he even followed through with the block on top. Smart boy!