Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Jersey!!! (aka Danielle's First Plane Ride)

Ahhh - beautiful New Jersey and even more beautiful weather! The kids and I arrived here yesterday, and they are having a great time. :) Andrew took 2 months off work when I was sick, so he wasn't able to travel with us. Andrew's sister, Amy, stayed with us in Austin for a week before flying back with us yesterday. With all of the stuff we brought with us, I'm so thankful that she was there to help us!!! In fact, she's providing all of the blog pictures for the next two weeks. I have my cameras here (Did you really think I could come to NJ and not take one picture??), but I didn't bring the cord to connect them to the computer. Once I get home, I'll upload some of our pictures. Until then, enjoy the photographic skills of Aunt Amy. :)



The kids did fantastic on the plane ride here. Peter was so excited to ride on an airplane, and he repeatedly told us that he would be the pilot. Well, he didn't get to drive the airplane, but he did get to peek in the cockpit on the way to his seat and tell the pilot hello. :) He occupied himself with books, snacks, and DVDs. He finally fell asleep during the last part of the trip and slept through the landing.


Danielle also did a great job on her first flight. She slept through take-off and only fussed a few times. She's a great little traveler!!

Peter has been playing outside for most of the day. The weather here is fantastic! He has spent time swimming, playing with lots of toys that Grandma brought home from nursery school, playing with Abby (Andrew's cousin), painting, and playing with play dough. I think his favorite way to spend his time, though, is playing with Daisy, the newest member of the family. Daisy is a 10-week-old American Cocker Spaniel. Peter is absolutely in love with her, and I think she thinks the same of him. :)























Tomorrow's agenda - a visit to the family chiropractor (he's going to look at Danielle's head) and a trip to Andy's Corner to have lunch with Grandma Dot. Then Tuesday - it's off to New York City!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you guys it made it safe and sound. Have a great trip!