Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just Like Pop!

Peter and I were at the table eating muffins this morning while Danielle enjoyed some time in her swing. I finished my first muffin, and Peter asked me where it was. When I told him that the muffin was in my tummy, he asked to see it. Ummmm, I don't think so. Then he told me to take a bite of my second muffin and show him what was in my mouth. Hmmm...where in the world did he learn that??? When I didn't do as he asked, he proceeded to show me what he wanted me to do. He took a big bite of his muffin and then opened his mouth as wide as he could. He was so tickled at himself for showing his food to Mommy. Of course I had to ask him to do it again so I could get a picture. Pop would be so proud!!!

When we were growing up, my step-dad, Ronny, loved to show the food in his mouth to anyone who happened to be looking his way. Well, he still does it, so I guess it didn't only take place while we were growing up! The only rule was that no one was allowed to show their food to Mom. I guess Peter wants to be a part of this Metcalf family tradition. :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Our parenting styles are SO different....

Good thing I love ya' and think your son is adorable!!!

Kara Hazen said...

Hey - this wasn't about parenting styles! Peter did this completely on his own. :) Ok, instead of disciplining him, though, I did laugh and ask him to do it again so I could get a picture. Let's think of it as a shared experience with Pop. :)

TJ said...

We always yelled "see-food" before opening our mouths in my family. My kids haven't started that yet... I'm sure my brother will be happy to teach that to them.

Jenn said...

awe! what a boy! There's something about this photo that looks SO much like your brother Jonathan.