Monday, April 12, 2010

A Retraction

I knew that my sweet 3-month-old sleeping through the night was way too good to be true! Ever since I posted that she was sleeping so well, she has decided that waking once or twice a night again is the way to go. When she was awake at 3:30 this morning, though, all I could think about was how thankful I am to be able to get up with her. It's crazy how your perspective changes once you go through such a huge life-changing experience.

Someday she'll sleep through the night again. Until then, I'll enjoy every waking moment with my precious little girl.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

love your perspective! If it helps any, when you are awake with her, just think you are not alone... I am up with Hamilton, trust me! (2-3X a night....)

Rebecca said...

I think it's easier to be up with the second because you realize that you really do miss being up in the middle of the night with the first one.

Mya and River said...

That's right, always keeping us on our toes!! ;) Being up at night with your baby is such a peaceful time. It won't last long. Take it all in! :)