Monday, March 24, 2008

Peter's First Easter

He is not here, but He has risen!
Luke 24:6

It was wonderful to be in church on Sunday. It was wonderful to sing songs about Jesus Christ -He is ALIVE today! It was wonderful to spend time worshipping with other believers. It was wonderful to celebrate Christ's resurrection from the dead - something that had to happen so that you and I can live with Him in eternity. I have missed being in church as it's been difficult to make it on a regular basis since having Peter. Although it was a rough morning for many of the babies in the nursery, Peter did great! He hung out on the floor playing and babbling away.

Ok, so I bought him this really cute Easter outfit a couple of weeks ago at a consignment sale. A dear friend and I have discovered that consignment sales are the way to go. We get great deals on clothes, toys, and other stuff, and we have a GREAT time shopping together. :) The outfit I found was only $5, so I wasn't too unhappy when the weather didn't cooperate for Peter to wear it last Sunday. Instead, he wore an outfit my Aunt Mary gave him for Christmas. We'll save the other outfit for a warmer Sunday . . .

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The EXACT same thing happened to me with Sydney for her first Easter. Why didn't I think to warn you? Hmmm. Maybe because the outfit you picked out was SOOOO cute and the only way you would buy it was if you thought it was an Easter outfit? No, that's way too devious. I just forgot. : )

Oh, well. Now maybe together we can remember to warn new mommies to buy WARM first Easter outfits!

Kara Hazen said...

I have a feeling that if I had bought a warm Easter outfit, it would have been 90 degrees that day! I bought it at the consignment sale on purpose - I didn't want to pay full price for something that he might not get to wear. I'm going to try to put it on him this weekend. At least I can get some cute pics. :)