Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Day of Firsts

First Bath!

Ok, so it wasn't really Danielle's first bath, but it was the first time that I have given her a bath, and it was her first bath in the baby bathtub (instead of just a towel spread out on the table). She seems to love water, so she enjoyed being in the bathtub.

First Diaper Change

Don't freak out - her diaper has been changed every few hours since the moment she was born. However, today was the first day that I have changed a diaper. You are probably wondering how in the world I could make it 5 weeks without changing a diaper...

Having a c-section made getting in and out of bed difficult in the hospital, so someone else changed all of the diapers in the hospital. Once we got home, I started feeling bad, so someone else still changed diapers. When my doctor diagnosed strep before I ended up in the ER, she told me not to change diapers because although I couldn't give Danielle strep throat, she could still get strep through her umbilical cord. Then I ended up in ICU on the vent, so of course I wasn't changing diapers then. Once I was home, it has taken about a week to get strong enough to be able to hold Danielle while walking around. So, that means that today was the first day I changed a diaper.


It is so nice to slowly be starting to do things for my kiddos again!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What great "firsts"! I am so glad you are feeling so much stronger. It is amazing that you made it 5 weeks without changing a diaper, but I love that you turned it into a sort of funny thing.

Mya and River said...

Yay, getting back to normal! So glad you are capturing these first moments with the camera!