Sunday, February 28, 2010

Q & A

Q - Did you feel yourself getting sick?

A - I have been asked this question over and over. No, I really didn't feel it coming on. Except for the pain from the c-section, I felt fine in the hospital after having Danielle. I was a lot weaker leaving this time than when I left with Peter, but I didn't think anything of it. I came home on a Friday. On Saturday, I felt like my throat was a little sore (I tested positive for strep at the doctor's office before going to the ER). On Sunday, I had the chills for a long time in the afternoon. I also felt like I needed to cough, but I tried not to because it hurt too badly where the incision was. By Sunday night, I was having trouble breathing. I felt the same on Monday, but I really thought it would go away. However, it was bad enough to call the doctor and make an appointment for the next day when we were also taking Danielle in for her first visit. We did go to the chiropractor on Monday, and he told me that I needed to be taking iron. I was very anemic in the hospital, so he was right. I had a difficult time taking a shower on Tuesday morning because I was having such a hard time breathing. I should have gone to the ER at that point, but I was still thinking that it wasn't any big deal and that it would go away. By the time we got to the doctor on Tuesday, I was really struggling to breathe. It scared the nurse so badly that she wouldn't close the door to the exam room when she went to get the doctor. This was only 4 days since I was discharged from the hospital with no problems at all, so it really did come on very quickly. I was also on vicadin from the c-section, so I think that may have masked some of the pain from the strep throat.

No comments: