Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Month Ago Today...

the ventilator came out!!! The doctors told my family that I could be on the vent for weeks . . . 12 days, and I was breathing on my own again. I don't wish to relive the moment they pulled the tubes - it was not a pleasant experience. However, breathing room air on my own again without fighting for each breath was definitely a wonderful result. As far as physical recovery, things are going extremely well. Except for tiring easily, picking up heavy things (like my 2-year-old!), and a few other things, I'm very close to getting back to normal strength. It's so weird to think that a month ago I could barely move my feet and today I'm climbing stairs and carrying my baby around. God is so good, and I am thankful every day for the miracle he did when he healed me.

We took Peter to Jungle Java this morning, and he had a great time. He had Aunt Amy climbing all over with him. I was tired just watching them!!!





1 comment:

Mya and River said...

We love Jungle Java! We'll have to meet up there sometime!