Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Girl Can Never Have Too Many Clothes

Dear Danielle,

Now I know why you have so many clothes - because you just went through 3 outfits in less than an hour!!! At least you have plenty to choose from! :)

Love,
Mom

When I heard that the baby was a girl, I knew immediately that we had entered into the world of cute clothes. With Peter, I just pulled something out of the drawer each morning. There really wasn't much thought that went into what he was going to wear each day. We had enough outfits to last a week or so, and he just wore the same thing every few days. No big deal - he was a boy. Boys are fun, but their clothing selections are definitely limited.

The situation is way different for baby girls. There are way too many cute clothes for baby girls, and I now have boxes of them in my house. I have only bought one thing for Danielle (the Valentine's Day onesie she had on here), and I bought that before I knew if she was a boy or a girl. Once she was born, the shopping and giving began. We are so thankful for everyone who has helped clothe our little girl. When I came home from the hospital, there were boxes of clothes labeled by size. It's like going shopping in my own home because I had not seen most of the outfits before. Friends and family sent clothes that their little girls had outgrown, and others went shopping to make sure that my little girl will be well dressed for at least a year. Thank you for blessing our family in this way!!

No comments: