Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quilt

(Hey guys, Rebecca here)

Kara wanted me to post these pictures of her (in her fancy new not-ICU room) with her new quilt.

It turns out that there is a group of quilters at the church and they get together each week and make these quilts, pray over them, and then deliver them to folks.

They brought Kara's up to the hospital and she just loves it. What a beautiful way to give someone peace and warmth.

I had the chance to meet Kara's Aunt Becky this past week when she was up here helping with Peter and Danielle. I know I'm partial to all "Aunt Becky's" since I am one and all, but Kara's Aunt Becky is so sweet and easy to talk to and I just really liked her. During our conversation, Aunt Becky and I were talking about all of Kara's friends and Aunt Becky said something like, "I had no idea Kara had so many friends. I mean, I know she's really sweet and personable, but I just didn't know she had so many friends."

When I repeated that to her, Kara said, "I didn't either." And somehow, I thought that was even sweeter. That Kara is just out there being friendly with folks and not realizing how many think so well of her.

But really, in talking to Kara, it's clear that she is so thankful and amazed by the out-pouring of support, well-wishes, and prayer. So for all of you who are reading the blog, know that Kara is appreciative of everything and that it is really helping to keep her spirits up to realize just how many people love her and care about her.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

what a beautiful quilt and gesture of caring and support. So glad you are feeling better Kara... YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!

Mya and River said...

Oh wow, that picture of Kara made me cry. She looks so great! I'm so happy to see her doing so well!!!! We love you, Kara and continue to pray for you and your family. You are so strong!!