Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update on Kara

(Hey guys, Rebecca here)

I am thrilled to report that Kara told me to make this post.

(See, I didn't actually get fired, yet, I was just demoted from lead reporter to personal typist.)

I have here the one and only Kara in ICU picture. And now we can't get another because she's in a regular room!

She is still very tired and weak and will need to build up quite a bit of lost strength (hence the needing the personal typist). But the physical therapist, occupational therapist and Coach Andrew are working her very hard, and every day is a little bit better. Pretty soon, she'll be able to do exciting things like hold the cell phone to her ear and talk to people without assistance. For now, she's working hard and trying to sleep when she can, but she's looking forward to later in the week when she'll be able to really visit with people and catch up on all she's missed.

Pray for continued improvement, for strength, and for perseverance as physical therapy is nothing to sneeze at and as far I understand, even sneezing is a little painful right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara, you look so good. I am so thankful that you are doing better. That's all I wanted for my birthday. Can't wait to see you next week. Love you!

julie redden said...

WOOHOO!!! So glad to hear you have left the ICU in the dust. So happy to hear the good news!

Elizabeth said...

This is such wonderful news! Wishing you the best and speediest recovery!!! Please keep us updated and we will keep praying!

Thistlefur said...

You can't keep a Tehas Maiden or Taiwan Shiau-Je down! Sending big hugs and prayers your way!